A grilled chicken club sandwich … win.
With PESTO MAYO … quadruple win.
How can you possibly go wrong? Answer: you cannot.
As Kevin from Closet Cooking points out, it’s basically a BLT with grilled chicken.
I don’t know about you, but if I see anything like this out at restaurants, chances are I’m getting it.
Most of the time, restaurant grilled chicken sandwiches come with swiss and some type of honey mustard, maybe bacon.
And don’t get me wrong, it’s really tasty.
But this beats them all. … And you scarf it down in the privacy of your own home.
Tip No. 1: Use thinly sliced chicken breasts or pound out a chicken breast for even cooking.
Tip No. 2: As advised, I took the top of the buns, swirled them in the bacon grease and then grilled them as well. Holla!
Tip No. 3: I recently learned a super easy way to make bacon. Without all of the hot splatters and impatient standing and flipping. Take a cookie sheet. Put foil down. Take a cooling rack (like for cookies) and place it on top of foil. Lay strips of bacon on top of rack. Cook in oven (375 degrees) for 7 minutes. Rotate pan. Cook for 7 additional minutes. Voila. You have perfect bacon. And no grease stains on your shirt.
- 2 small chicken breast, pounded thin
- salt and pepper to taste or your favourite grilled meat seasoning
- 2 tablespoon mayo
- 2 tablespoon pesto (you can find this in the marinara section)
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 4-6 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 slice mozzarella
- 2 sandwich bun, sliced in half
- Mix pesto and mayo together.
- Brush your grill with oil and heat it to medium heat. Or, for a charcoal grill, brush with oil and heat coals to about 400.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and grill until cooked, about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Assemble the sandwich and enjoy.
[Source: Closet cooking]