Well, 2011, it’s been quite a ride.
There were more than a few notable highlights over the past year.
– I started this food blog. What up!
– I survived my thesis and graduated with a master’s of mass communication (journalism) from the University of Florida.
– I started an amazing new job that I love.
– My husband finished his lit coursework (forever) and only has 3(ish) more years of his doctoral program.
– My best friend from back home, Amber, had her baby girl, Peyton – still waiting to see photos(!)
– I celebrated one year of marriage to my sweetheart.
– I turned 28 and lost the ability to remember how old I am.
– I made some more amazing new friends in Florida and held on to my favorites.
There were also many challenges this year, some that gave me startling new perspective on life.
But the real takeaway for me this year is to cherish every moment with those you love.
Oh, and to eat like there’s no tomorrow.
And now, the moment (all 3 of you) have been waiting for.
Your top 5 favorite most-viewed Brave New Food recipes.
No. 2: Pear and ricotta tart
No. 1: Mini-deep dish pizzas
So what have we learned?
You guys love Italian food, for starters.
But, really, who doesn’t?
As you might recall, this blog started out with an Italian theme and, 10 pounds later, I decided to randomize it a bit.
So, thank you to each one of you for reading, I can’t tell you what a thrill I get when someone mentions something that they saw on here.
Happy New Year!