Sometimes you crave a classic, homemade lasagna.
And then you think, who’s got the time for that?
All that layering.
No matter how many times I make it, I have to keep checking the order.
It’s exhausting to think about.
Not to mention it uses up half the dishes in the house.
Now, don’t get me wrong, it’s totally worth it.
But there are some nights when you just don’t feel up to it.
Enter: ravioli lasagna.
This is a cheater’s, lazy (wo)man’s lasagna that totally gets the job done in half the time.
You don’t even have to cook the ravioli ahead of time.
Now we’re talking.
And whoever you might feed this to will think it’s classic lasagna-worthy.
Reminds me of that old Rice Krispies Treat commercial where the mom pretends to be slaving away.
So, pop this baby in the oven and sit back and relax.
You deserve it.
- 1/2 to 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1- 8 oz package of fresh mushrooms- sliced
- In a large skillet, cook beef along with the mushrooms over medium heat until no longer pink, and drain.
- In a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer a third of the spaghetti sauce, half of the ravioli and beef and 1/2 cup cheese; repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until heated through.
[Source: Cully’s Kitchen.]